Sunday, March 8, 2015

An influential event

With my interest in entrepreneurship, I took my initiative to join in NUS Entrepreneurship Society(NES), which created lots of unforgettable memories for me in joining this CCA. 
During last December holiday, NES organized Global Youth Entrepreneur Summit (GYES), an inaugural student run conference for entrepreneurs that connects student entrepreneurs, local start-ups and angel investors to come together. The event aims to engage young budding entrepreneurs from around the globe and in local universities through an interactive discourse about the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Singapore.
As one of the event executives, we spent 3 months to plan the whole event. Along the preparation works for this event, l have learnt to effectively communicate, work and collaborate with different kind of people, which in turn helps to improve my leadership skills. During time of the event held, I met with many entrepreneurial like-minded people from all over the world. I chatted with them, learnt form them and finally we have been very good friends with each other. Meanwhile, this event provided a platform and precious opportunity to communicate with outstanding local entrepreneurs who gave me a fresh understanding about the challenges that I might be confronted with when starting a business in current competitive business world. It is very influential event I have experienced in my life. 
( 214 words)

2 comments:

  1. Hi XinZhu, I enjoyed reading your post. (:
    There are a few grammatical errors:
    'During last December holiday' --> Last December holidays
    'we spent 3 months to plan the whole event' --> We spent 3 months planning the whole event
    However, as a whole, I could feel your passion for entrepreneurship and I am glad that you have found something in NUS that you like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing with us your place in this impactful event. :)

    ReplyDelete